Student of the month: Hannah Mohamed – BA (Hons) English

That person who wears obnoxiously bright coloured clothing in the winter time

Tell us about your time at QMUL. What have been your highlights?

The biggest highlight of my time at QMUL (so far) is between meeting two of my closest friends randomly in the library one day in first year and bonding over Disney music or the time after the Black Girl Book Club anthology launch where my friends and I stayed behind after everyone had left just belting Beyonce songs.

How has your course at Queen Mary helped you to progress into the world outside? What’s next?

One thing about my course which has helped me progress into the outside world is how proactive the staff are in helping you find experience and opportunities to take part in during our free time and breaks from uni.

Aside from course content what have been your favourite elements of the experience of studying here as a whole?

Easily friends.

Tell us about your life outside Queen Mary including any projects, ambitions or jobs you’ve had.

Outside Queen Mary, I am an archery instructor at children’s summer camps and spend a lot of time teaching myself how to code.

What could be improved to enhance future students’ experience at Queen Mary?

Solely course related but exploring literature through other media e.g. film, theatre, audio etc

Published by

All Things SED Editor

I am the Web and Marketing Administrator in the School of English and Drama. Amongst my various roles, I run the School's website (www.sed.qmul.ac.uk) and its Twitter feed (@QMULsed). I also manage the running of the School's Open Days and draft promotional materials.