Early career researchers seeking support for their application to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme are invited to get in contact with us as soon as possible
Deadline for applications: midday on Wednesday 11 September 2019
The School of English and Drama invites early career researchers seeking support for their application to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme to get in touch by submitting:
(1) an explanation of the reason(s) for your choice of Queen Mary as the host institution (150 words maximum)
(2) an outline of your proposed programme of research (1,500 words maximum)
(3) details of your planned research outputs, e.g. monograph, journal article(s), book chapter(s), digital resources, other (please specify) (300 words maximum)
(4) a list of existing publications (1 page maximum)
(5) a CV (2 pages maximum)
Please submit the above documents to Dr Huw Marsh, Research Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than midday on Wednesday 11 September 2019. Please state ‘British Academy PDRF’ in the subject line.
Your application should demonstrate:
- that you are eligible according to the BA’s criteria
- the excellence of
- your research track record;
- your academic record;
- the publishable research you propose, how you will structure, pursue, and complete it in the time frame, and its importance;
- the relevance of QMUL SED to your research and vice versa;
- who you would like as a mentor and why.
You are strongly encouraged, before submitting your application and time permitting, to find a mentor, provisionally agree their support, and get some feedback from them on a draft application.
Full scheme details will be available on or before 21 August 2019 and can be found on the British Academy website: http://www.britac.ac.uk/british-academy-postdoctoral-fellowships
All outline proposals will be considered by our Directors of Research and those that we give institutional support to will have approximately one month to finalise their online application, due on 16 October 2019