UK/EU PhD applicants have the opportunity to apply for London Arts and Humanities Partnership (LAHP) studentships as well as Queen Mary Principal’s Studentships (QMPS) but the deadlines differ.
Please see below for useful information from Dr Rehana Ahmed (Director of Research) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
London Arts and Humanities Partnership (LAHP):
- Home and EU students who wish to be considered for AHRC funding must apply directly to LAHP. International students are not eligible to apply.
- Detailed information on LAHP and the application process is available here: https://www.lahp.ac.uk/apply-for-studentship-2019-20/
- There are two LAHP routes: the CDA (Collaborative Doctoral Award) and the ‘open competition’ route.
- Prospective supervisors apply to the CDA route (the deadline for CDA applications is 3 December 2018).
- Potential candidates for the LAHP open competition will need to make an application directly to LAHP. This will open for applications on 26 November 2018. The deadline is 28 January 2019.
- Candidates must also apply for a place to study at their home institution by 18 January 2019. The nominated primary supervisor will be required to submit a statement of support in addition to the application form, and supporting statements must be received by 4 February 2019 in order for applications to be considered.
- If you’d like further information and guidance about the responsibilities of academic supervisors, the LAHP is running an information session on 26 November, 1-2 pm, Room 243, Senate House. You can register via this Google Form
QM Principal’s Studentships (QMPS):
- As in previous years, the College is also running the QMPS round, although with a reduced number of studentships available across HSS (down from 20 to 18 across HSS, we think – but it is not impossible that this number will be reduced further).
- Home, EU and international applicants are all eligible to apply. The deadline for applications to QM is 31 January 2019. All applications received by this deadline are automatically considered for QMPS.
- SED can make a set number of nominations; these are written and submitted by the Directors of Graduate Studies (for English and for Drama). There’s no need for a supporting statement from supervisors – but we may ask you for information or similar to help with the nominations.