- QMUL has 100 rooms for Clearing and Adjustment students allocated on a random ballot system.
- Once your status is confirmed as Unconditional Firm (UF) on UCAS our admissions team will send you log in details to the housing application system.
- Your accommodation account will usually become active 24-hours after you receive log-in details from admissions.
- To be eligible for the ballot you must submit your online housing application by midnight BST on Wednesday 22nd August.
- The ballot will be drawn on Thursday 23rd August and successful applicants will be sent an email confirmation and housing offer on Friday 24th August.
- If you want to be entered into the housing ballot it is very important that you accept your offer of a Clearing place at QMUL as soon as possible.
- Applicants with a Greater London home address will not be eligible to be entered into the ballot, their application will be held on a waiting list for mid-term vacancies.
If you do not qualify or are unsuccessful in securing accommodation in the ballot, our Housing Services team can provide you with direct support in seeking alternative accommodation.
Housing Services will also be hosting a ‘Find a Flatmate’ event on Tuesday 4 September 2018, where you can meet other late applicants to find a suitable rental property or speak to our team of housing advisors, who will be able to provide you with specific advice geared to your housing needs. You will be able to register for this event once you have a Queen Mary Student ID number – this will be sent to you soon.
Our alternative housing website also provides information on short stay options, hotels, hostels, privately built halls and homestay opportunities. You will receive an email about this event. Please don’t be discouraged, we are here to help ease your transition into university life.