People’s Palace Projects has a number of UK events over the next few months and we would love for them to be featured in QMUL’s upcoming news and listings.
1) Women Against Violence
9th till 11th March – CICATRIZ (SCAR): Multimedia installation directed by internationally renowned Brazilian artist Bia Lessa as part of Southbank Centre’s Women of the World Festival.
14th March: Final seminar at Brazilian Embassy, Trafalgar Square, for a collaborative project between Geography (QMUL/KCL) and Drama (QMUL) on violence against women nd girls.
2) Tate Exchange:
As part of a full week of Queen Mary activities, PPP will be presenting workshops and film screenings at Tate Modern on Sunday 6th May 2018.
3) Creative Economy seminars
- 30th April- 1st May: 9 May – Creative Economy seminars presented by Network (QMUL), People’s Palace Projects (QMUL) and British Council. More information will be available closer to the time but it would be good to get these events into the press diary so that we can prepare the appropriate publicity in good time.
- The first day of the first event, on 30th April, will be held at Creative Wick in Hackney Wick and will be less formal. The other days will be more formal, academic seminars.
4) The Encounter (pictured above)
1st week of May – Complicite Theatre Company’s international smash hit ‘The Encounter’ returns to the Barbican. Paul Heritage, who supported Simon McBurney’s research for the show in the Amazon region of Brazil, and a member of the Kuikuro community from the Upper Xingu region, will be involved with one or two post show discussions during the run.
Research in the Amazon:
- Paul speaking about the research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fRT_x8CpKw
- Footage of the trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZioqgcYWXVQ
5) Contemporary Narratives Lab
- This project, a collaboration between Paul Heritage and Joad Raymond (QMUL), the Financial Times and Battersea Arts Centre, is funded through the HSS Collaborations Fund. It will be holding a week of scratches at BAC w/c 25th Late in the week there will be some public scratches. Date tbc, possibly Thursday 28th.