We continue to receive evidence that a large number of students and staff are receiving phishing emails that have been sent (or appear to have been sent) via compromised QMUL email accounts in relation to the confirmation or termination of your personal @qmul.ac.uk mailbox.
The link in the email takes you to a page that looks like the Queen Mary login page, but is not an official page. Please do not click on the link in the email, or enter any of your personal details in response to it.
These phishing emails are not limited to the School of English and Drama, although they do appear to be affecting the School disproportionately at present.
- Queen Mary will never send you an email asking for your username and password or bank details.
- Please report all phishing emails to email@example.com.
- If in doubt, please call the IT Service Desk on 0207 882 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information on staying cyber aware is available on the IT Services homepage: http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/
- Free cyber security awareness training is available for staff and students on QMplus.
Students and staff can manage their passwords using links on the IT Services website:
for Students: http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/services/students/index.html
for Staff: http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/services/staff/index.html