Welcome to the School of English and Drama at Queen Mary University of London.
- Undergraduate Students: Please see information below.
- Associate Students: Information coming soon.
- Postgraduate Students: Download your Welcome Week timetable
If you’re starting a joint degree, check the website of your other School for information about their Welcome Week events:
For suggestions about some reading you can do before you join us (and if you need to buy any books) please click your subject area below:
Some modules will also have free module packs that you can collect when you start.
Term Dates and Provisional Timetable
Welcome Week runs from Monday 18 September to Friday 22 September 2017.
Teaching begins on the week commencing Monday 25 September 2017.
What and When is Reading Week?
There’s a Reading Week in Semester 1 and Semester 2. It’s a chance for you to catch up on your reading and assignments. In 2017-2018, Reading Weeks are as follows:
Semester 1: 6 November – 10 November 2017
Semester 2: 19 February – 23 February 2018
You’ll be able to get your timetable online once you’ve enrolled.
If you’re starting one of the following degrees you can choose an optional module in your first year. To select which one you want to take, complete this form by Monday 11 September.
- QV31 English and History
- QQ13 English Literature and Linguistics
- QW36 English and Film Studies
- English and a language (French, German, Hispanic Studies, Russian)
If you’re starting one of the following degrees, all your first year English or Drama modules are compulsory:
- Q300 English
- QW11 English with Creative Writing
- QW34 English and Drama
If you’re starting any of the following, all your Drama modules are compulsory:
- W400 Drama
- WW46 Film Studies and Drama
- Drama and a language (French, German, Hispanic Studies, Russian)
Can we help?
If you have any questions about starting your degree in the School of English and Drama, please do get in touch:
Visit us: School of English and Drama Main Office, 3rd floor, ArtsOne Building, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End, London E4 (map link)
Email the team: email@example.com