Graduating from University can be a very exciting and sometimes scary time.
We’re here to help with some advice about your next steps including jobs and further study.
Your tutors can give references but please remember to ask their permission before putting any details in a job application etc. Their email addresses are in their staff profiles.
Please do take advantage of the services available to you for 2 years after you graduate from Queen Mary.
- Jobs listings from the Careers Group (a huge consortium of University of London)
- QRecruit for temp jobs
- 1-2-1 appointments & practice interviews
- ‘Getting into’ guides
- Enterprise Support
- Advice Blog
Mailing Lists to Join
- Arts Jobs: Arts Council England’s jobs portal. Good for jobs in the creative entries.
- ArtsAdmin E-digest: Good for Arts Jobs in performance.
- The Dots: A good source of jobs, opportunities and a place to make an online portfolio.
- Jobs.ac.uk: Great for jobs in universities and further education.
- Mediargh: Good place to find internships in media.
- Prospects: Some good FAQ including what you can do with your degree.
- What to do with an English Degree?: Good article with skills for your CV.
- What can I do with a degree in Performing arts?: Job suggestions, skills and advice.
- There is an £1,000 discount for QMUL graduates for our English and Drama Masters programmes.
- If you’re a Home student you can also apply for a UK Government Postgraduate Loan.