This blog has been running for nearly two years and we thought it was worth a recap for new students. Here are some no-nonsense posts by our very own SED students (some of them are graduates now!).
1. Why Join a Society at University? Videos featuring Hannah Winterman, Becky Hipkiss and Raifa Rafiq
The Queen Mary experience is so much more than just our school, the university’s societies are a great way to make new friends, learn new skills for your career and most importantly have fun.
2. Living in London: The Student Way by Rachel Nelms
English Graduate Rachel gives a great guide to making the best of studying in London. She shares her experiences of free days out, where to get great deals and cultural finds on Queen Mary’s doorstep.
3. 5 Ways to Achieve Stress Free Travel in London by Amy Watson
Yes, London has one of the best & busiest transport systems in the world and as a student you can get 30% off travel on the entire Transport for London network. In this post Amy takes us through the tips and tricks to avoid stress on London transport.
4. On Reading Books You Don’t Like by Charlie Pullen
We love Charlie’s honest and wry approach to reading books you don’t like and the unexpected pleasures you can get from them.
Charles Hackley, ‘Old Books‘ (CC BY 2.0)
5. 3 Reasons Why Studying Drama in London is Awesome by Dani Harvey
Does what it says on the tin, really.